Friday, January 22, 2010

Thanksgiving at our new home

We were very excited to host Thanksgiving dinner for my family at our new home this year. We were still unpacking boxes and the Formal living room was still full of boxes, but we had a wonderful dinner. It was so nice to have my dad, mom, sisters: Heidi and Alaina, and my nephew Kaiden over to celebrate with Mike, Madilyn and me! The only smart move we made when moving into this new home was to move the kitchen in before we officially moved the rest of the house in. It was a life saver. It really made the house feel like a home just to have the kitchen all in place and ready to go. The 12 hours I spent cleaning the house and cleaning carpets and floors really helped, too. The house was in AWESOME like brand new condition and is only 4 years old, but I have to make sure that everything is CLEAN! This Thanksgiving was one of the best holidays my family has spent together in a long time. It was low stress, easy, and very well planned. Thank you to everyone for doing their part and just enjoying the day being a family. We couldn't have asked for more! We felt very thankful for all our blessings today! Cousin Time watching a movie!

Eating some olives! Mmmmm!

How can you resist this little face?

You better finish before I take your plate away. I am the crazy plate lady, you know!
Gotta clean up fast after dinner!



What a sweet little pose.




Some of the dinner delights from Turkey day!






Master Chef Mike at the Turkey!






The after turkey official nap.







No comments: