Thursday, April 30, 2009

Madilyn's 1st Birthday!

It has been a long time since I have updated. I really need to use this blog as our family journal because it isn't fair that I keep all these funny stories to myself! I am not sure how we have other items on here before we added her b-day, but who knows....I am still figuring this stuff out! It seems like I finally get it figured out and then something changes...am I just getting old? Don't answer that we will get to that next!

So, for our little Miss Madilyn's 1st birthday we had an amazing CUPCAKE party. I mean every detail I could think of was a cupcake. I am not sure where I get this obsession for things to be perfect...I asked my mom if she was ever this way and she said, "Nope!" And we all know that my dad is not like this at all, except for maybe with his guns and sometimes his checkbook. Well, I do have a pretty great idea where this could have come from...my Grandma Betty Jean loves to make things just right for everyone. When she has an idea about something, she really tries to make it come out just right.

Well, back to the party details. I started planning her party in January. I know...we had just put away the Christmas decorations and we get this magazine in the mail telling me that our daughter is turning 1 on a month! Aaahh! I totally got busy and starting planning every detail that night. Madilyn has a lot of outfits that have cupcakes on them, so it was only fitting that when I found the decorations all in cupcakes...it had to be her birthday theme! The rest is history from there. I researched every detail that I could to include cupcakes in every part of her party. We had a cupcake pull-pinata, cupcake plates, napkins, purple eating utensils, cupcake bags with cupcake ribbon to hold down the cupcake balloons, cupcake bib, cupcake dress, cupcake headband, a 3D homemade cupcake CAKE! A cupcake decorating station with cupcake boxes for the kiddos to take their very own cupcakes home in. I am sure that I am missing something, but you get the picture! It was the most perfect day, too. It was beautiful enough to have everyone outside. We were surrounded by great friends and supporting family! What more could a 1 year old ask for? Other than a nap when it was all over! She was such a trooper, taking in all the details and people. She even tolerated making it through opening the presents. She crashed not long after that! It was so nice because we had my in-laws in from Pennsylvania. They had not seen Madilyn (other than on the web-cam) since April 2008! She was a whole different baby back then! She is more like a little girl now! Everyone had a great time...and the pics don't even capture everything! Thanks to Krishelle for helping me get all the great shots. I was a little busy playing Mommy! It was a great and sad day! One whole year gone and a whole new one just beginning. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end!"

No comments: