Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still trying to find a balance

So, I keep trying to stay up to date with the blogging, but I find myself being divided in too many ways! I am loving being able to see what everyone is up to, but I need to schedule a time each week to just get my page caught up, too!
So....here is what has been happening in our den...
January was a month of letting go!!! Mommy had to learn to let her little 11 month girl go where she wanted (crawling) and let her have fun letting go in the tub! Then Mommy had to learn to let her little Madilyn let go when standing by the coffee table. I know that it is only going to get worse when she gets older and really doesn't need me anymore, but January was a tough month on the heart. Madilyn is so independent that I can see the road ahead and it almost hurts my heart! :( She started holding her own bottle during her night time rocking with mommy-getting ready for bed routine! :( She wants to do more and more all by herself! Maybe it's just me, but I didn't expect to feel so bad about it all. I know that the underlying pain is facing the fact that our little baby is almost one and she is growing up too fast!
Also in January I spent quite a bit of time planning Madilyn's 1st birthday party. I know now that I went way overboard for a 1 year old birthday, but I don't think I would change it! I have this weird quality about me that events, occasions, get-togethers, etc. have to be perfect...and I mean down to the last detail perfect! I asked my mom where I get it from and she says that she doesn't even have a clue. We know it is not from my dad, and she claims it isn't from her, so I must have some random gene for perfection! I feel sorry for my poor husband, Mike, because he knows this about me...and he helps me to make my party PERFECT! And the best news is that he loves me for it anyway! This perfection leads to stress the week before, sleeplessness, erratic behavior, and last minute shopping for the little details that I HAVE TO HAVE!!!
So, I was able to get all of her decorations ordered on-line from a wonderful company called First wishes.com. They are amazing, by the way! We had an entire party with a cupcake theme! I had tons of fun putting it all together! We had a Cupcake pull pinata, cupcake bags to hold down the matching balloons, cupcake ribbon tied to the bags, all the kids got to decorate their own cupcakes to take home, I made Maddie a 3-D 7" cupcake cake for her to dive into, plus my mom and I baked and frosted about 4 dozen cupcakes! We had an inflatable cupcake out in our yard to match the huge personalized banner that said, "Happy 1st Birthday Madilyn" It was just the way I pictured it and everyone had fun.

No comments: